Background

Saturday, July 9, 2011

It might be about time to post this...

We are pregnant!
It's been a little crazy how it's all came about, but it happened. After we had our sweet Alice we had many tests done and the doctors concluded that the only thing it could be is an incompetent cervix and/or preterm labor symptoms. So, they told us if you want to get pregnant you can. Well, March came and then April and we were already pregnant. It was surprising, but we are thrilled to have the chance to get a baby here to stay.
We go to St. George to see a specialist at 2 to 3 times a month. In June I had to go in for a minor operation called a cerclage. In simple terms, they sewed my cervix up. I am know on watch from not only the doctor, but everyone that knows and now more I suspect.
Our due date is December 11th, making us about 18 weeks. We are anticipating the stress that will come when we hit those sensitive weeks that our Graydin and Alice were born, but we are relying on our faith to get us through.
We are appreciative of our loved ones who help us so very much and we will keep the blog updated to the best of my ability!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! I had a hunch when I saw your facebook message to someone about a cumquat....I'm so happy for you guys and we'll be praying that everything goes well

Heidi Ence said...

Yay! I am so happy for you guys! I will keep you in my prayers and good thoughts! What a wonderful blessing!

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

CONGRATS!!! That is so great for you guys. We are also expecting right now, I'm due December 29th. Fun December babies. I'll be praying that everything goes well.

Jesica Lindsay said...

Oh I'm so happy for you! Really when I read this I jumped up and shouted I was so happy, it made Shaun nervous when I did that. The same thing happened to my sister in law with her baby Jake about a month ago and the specialist says she is now going to have to sew her up too next time. We will be keeping you in our prayers always! Call if you need anything!

Devin & Ruthann said...

I am SO happy for you!!! You and your little peanut are in our prayers!

AggieMay said...

Congratulations!

Your faith is truly inspiring. (I'm friends with Ashley and I think I met you in Pam's office once or twice.) Thank you so much for putting your heart out there on the internet- really you have touched me. I'm sure there are others as well.

May you have a LOOONG (time not how it feels) pregnancy and a healthy baby.

Landon Family said...

You to are so amazing! Our thoughts and prayers are with you!