Background

Friday, July 6, 2012

Beautiful Hannah

 I feel SO blessed to have these two girls as best friends. They are amazing and wonderful and are so good at being WONDERFUL. Love you Brenda and Kayce.
This post could be all about the two them, but really it's about the amazing experience I had on June 13th. I was privileged to attend the birth of Hannah.
 Kayce and I got a text from the Carling household the morning of Thursday the 13th that Brenda was in labor. We got our things together and drove to the scorching world of St. George. The ride was good, good thing I had Kayce to keep me from hyperventilating. I was super excited. We got to the Carling's house and there we began the journey of Hannah's birth. 
 Brenda was a superstar! Her and Caleb worked together so perfectly. She labored while Kayce, Christy, and I hung out with Becka. I sporadically took pictures and video of her and Caleb and the morning went smoothly (it seemed). 
 Early afternoon Brenda started to push and my heart leaped and I couldn't believe that once again I would be able to witness the birth of one of Heavenly Fathers beautiful children. As Brenda continued to be a rock star and I manged to be some what calm (everyone else was way good at being calm) the beautiful baby was born.
 She came out inch by inch and as the birth photographer I was able to get some pretty amazing photos (they are with Brenda and Caleb). I got to sit with Becka and talk with her as she watched her mom give birth to her beautiful sister. That experience alone was remarkable. To watch a 3 1/2 year old watch a birth and understand the way Becka did reaffirmed to me that children are amazing. They are so close to the spirit and understand so much more than we do. She held my hand and made very little noise and when Hannah was delivered she sat with her mom and sister and met her for the first time. What a beautiful experience, what a testimony builder to watch this family finally hold their sweet baby. Families are so important and the Carlings are an excellent example of cherishing and loving family.
 Mom and baby did amazing. Brenda well, there are not words that explains her awesomeness. She did amazingly. From her experience with Becka to her long wait to get pregnant and the journey she took to decide to have a home birth, she was remarkable.
We all got love on and hold baby and I even got to put her first diaper and outfit on! Made me feel cool, but what made me feel even cooler is that I got to cut the cord. Yup you heard it I got to cut the cord and now Hannah and I are forever buddies!
 Hannah came out with beautiful red hair! Love that! She was 9 1/2 pounds and 21 inches long, with a 14 inch diameter head. (I think I got those numbers pretty close). She is now eating like a champ and growing. Her goal is to catch up to her new best friend Olivia. :)
In the end the day was fantastic. Kayce and I didn't want to leave. We had a bonding experience that made us closer than ever. Again I have to express that I am blessed to be associated with such amazing people. (Look at that beautiful Aunt Monda above, I get to be friends with her too! I'm lucky.)
Thank you Caleb and Brenda for allowing me to be apart of that beautiful experience. Thank you for reminding me that birth is natural and beautiful. Thank you for allowing my family to be apart of yours and for being such amazing people. I love you all so very much!

No comments: