Since going through the loss of Graydin and Alice I have really wanted to 'Pay It Forward'. So many people have helped us and guided us through two of the hardest times of our lives and we have wanted to do something. I have been able to be apart of an amazing group, called HALO (no we don't play video games), it is Helping Angels Live On and it has been such an amazing experience. The woman and families I have met have changed my life and because of some of their stories I have wanted to pursue something that would allow me to help, to serve, to love.
So, because of many Heavenly Hugs and amazing people who have been put in my path and the paths of others I, with the help of so many wonderful people have started a chapter of Share in Southern Utah.
Share is a national organization that has been around since the 70's. It started because of family decided to ask questions about their baby that had passed and a woman who had the initiative to stand up and spread the word that these babies are part of families and are missed and loved. Now it helps families throughout the United States to grieve, cope and remember their babies that have died. Not just full term babies, but any baby.
A dear friend had an experience with a Share chapter in northern Utah and after hearing what they do and did for her and her family I had to make it happen in Southern Utah.
So, it's starting! Two friends and I are leaving next Thursday for 4 days to go to a training in Missouri!, we will then come back and do a training here and then get to move forward with the hospital here in Cedar City. This is all a dream come true and I know it is meant to happen because so many prayers are being answered so it can work out.
By the summer time Share Families of Southern Utah will be up and running and helping and serving families in our community. What a wonderful blessing! I hope that you all can spread the word for me. If you would like more information shoot me a line, call me and/or go to http://www.nationalshare.org
Share Mission Statement
The
mission of Share Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support, Inc. is to serve
those whose lives are touched by the tragic death of a baby through
pregnancy loss, stillbirth or in the first few months of life.
The
primary purpose is to provide support toward positive resolution of
grief experienced at the time of, or following the death of a baby. This
support encompasses emotional, physical, spiritual, and social healing,
as well as sustaining the family unit.
The
secondary purpose of Share is to provide information, education, and
resources on the needs and rights of bereaved parents and siblings. The
objective is to aid those in the community, including family, friends,
employers, members of the congregation, caregivers, and others in their
supportive role.
Thank you all who have supported me in doing this, have helped me and are helping me. It means a lot to my family and I. Have a great day!

2 comments:
Lacey, you are such an amazing lady! I love that you are so willing to do this, it sounds like a great way to learn and grow from your own experiences and help others. You have such a good kind heart, and I have always felt and admired that in you :)
This is wonderful! I'm so happy for you and I need more details in person. When are you coming to lunch?!
Post a Comment