Background

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Why I Love Christmas

Merry Christmas!
As I look at my Christmas decoration, notice the twinkling lights all around, hear the sweet melodies of Christmas, smell the scents that come at this time of year, and look back on the memories I have of Christmas, I LOVE CHRISTMAS!
Is it a hard time of year? Well, sometimes. I think about what a 5 year old little boy would want from Santa and how many Christmas projects we would have done already. I ponder what a sweet 3 year old girl would be doing with all the lights and decoration. If she would be helping Olivia destroy everything or be dutifully tattling on her. So, the answer is yes it is, but because of those sweet angels I love this season. 
Growing up Christmas was good. My mom was way into decorations and when I was young she was an elf at the mall with Santa. So we were always festive. I have a wonderful family, but I don't fit in. I never really have and I was and is reminded often of that. I love that about me now, but as a kid it wasn't the greatest. So, sometime holidays were hard for me. As I grew I feel like I wanted Christmas to be the greatest holiday ever, but it never seemed to sink in for me.
It was Christmas of 2008 that I gained my Christmas testimony. It was that year that I felt the TRUE meaning of Christmas, it was that year that I felt Christ in my life with more power than I ever knew. It was in that year that I fell in love with Christmas. I gained a testimony of why we really celebrate Christmas. We celebrate the birth of our Savior. We celebrate the He was born and because of that He lived and grew and eventually died  for each of us so we could live again with our families. Because of Him I get to be with my babies again. It was in 2008 that I knew that I would be with Graydin again. It was that year that I decided to LOVE Christmas because it was a reminder of my sweet boy. 
Thank you Graydin, thank you for giving me the gift of the true meaning of Christmas. Thank you for being my son and a costant reminder that we have a Savior that loves us and allows us to be together again. 
Merry Christmas Graydin and Alice. I love you both with all my heart!

Now as a family we remember our Savior Jesus Christ and our sweet babies. The best Christmas gift was given to me this year. Olivia, Tayce and I were sitting on the couch and she pointed up at Graydin's shadow box and said "Graydin's box" and than looked at Alice's picture and said "Baby Alice." What a wonderful gift to hear her recognize them. I love you Olivia you are my joy!  
Merry Christmas 2013

No comments: