Day 32 (bed rest): Saturday, August 27th
Saturday started off so well, we talked to Dr. C to make sure the changing color of discharge was normal or if we should come in. He told us we were good, which made us happy to stay home and spend a Saturday together (I convinced Tay to not go and work and stay home with me). The day went well, I rested a lot and had no real pains or cramps!
Saturday night: I was getting ready for bed and felt just fine. I had been feeling some pressure, but nothing out of the norm. But as I finished going to the bathroom I felt something that WAS NOT supposed to be there (my bag of water!) I called for Tay and we were off to St. George.
We got to St. George around 11pm and I still was not having contractions or pain, some pressure but I felt comfortable. Got checked in and Day 33 was here.
Sunday, August 28th
Dr. C came it and was so careful to check me and see what was going on. It was my bag of water that was causing pressure and trying to make it's way through my cerclage! They gave me a shot of steroids to help the baby and hoped that we could make it 2 days in this state. Well they tipped me back on my head and then they came, my contractions came and came and wouldn't stop. After what felt like 100 drugs they either had me swallow or put in my IV I felt a little overwhelmed that nothing was going to work. Well nothing really did, unfortunately. The last resort was to do an epidural to try and at least get the pain down so I there wouldn't be any pushing and such. Well when I started to roll over to my side my water EXPLODED!
There was hope that Miss Olivia would stay high and be able to stay in a little longer, but that was not the case, much like her dear brother Graydin she was not going to wait. She came at 4:44am less then 5 hours after contractions even started. She is 1 pound and 12 ounces (which is the combined weight of her brother and sister) and she is 12 1/2 inches long!
She arrived with many people around her, the NICU staff was ready for her, but she stunned everyone first. Being a 25 week baby she is expected to be quiet, but not our girl. She got out and started making a fuss and crying. I watched the doctors and nurses just look at her opened mouth and wide eyed. I loved that she cried! I was so happy to hear a baby because I didn't get to meet her. Dr. C let Tay cut the embilical cord and they whisked her off.
The exciting thing about all this is that my cerclage was in for it, so it made having a baby even more pain free ;) Luckily through some kind of miracle and blessing from above my cervix was not shred to pieces, Dr. C was surprised, but we were both happy about that.
Now our little Olivia is in her own little incubator and amazing the doctors! She is strong and pretty sassy! She has a head of dark hair and beautiful eyelashes! She is very wiggly and her nurses love her.
The more I learn all this doctor/nurse jargon the more I will inform you all! I will get better for sure. Thank you for the prayers! Your prayers are totally working because Olivia is fighting and she is strong and each day we get to fall more and more in love with her.
She has the little black glasses on because they have a the bright light on her to make sure her billy ruben doesn't get too high and to help with her bruising. Some of the other things she's hooked up to is a monitor to keep track of her heart, blood pressures, air saturation, breaths per minute, IV's for her medicines and vitamins, her ventilator that helps her breath and a feeding tube. I don't know if that's all, but that's what I've learned so far!
10 comments:
I am so glad to hear that she is doing so well! I will continue to pray for her and for you. I hope she continues to grow strong and healthy. Hugs to you!!
Lacey, what an amazing women you are. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I think about you often and pray that little Olivia will grow to be strong and healthy.
-Alisha
Congrats to you guys!!!! From what you can see in the pics she is beautiful.....the NICU in STG is awesome!!! You will totally come to live the Dr.'s and nurses. My thoughts are with you guys. You have an amazing little baby there.
This is such great news! Congrats you two. We are praying for little Olivia.
Oh Lacey... this is just not what you planned, but if anyone can do this it is you, the hubs, and Miss Olivia. Just FYI we had friends in Provo who delivered a little girl when she was 23 weeks and 4 days along. She is 21 months old now (true birth date not gestational age) and it's amazing. When you have 2 seconds check out their blog.
http://thebagwellfamily.blogspot.com/
We are thinking and praying our hearts out for you. I know the Lord is looking out for you and your family. Give Tay a hug for us to. If you need somewhere to stay in St. George or need company let me know on both! I can be there in a few hours! LOVE YOU
She's a fighter from the start! Go Olivia! We're all pulling and praying for your family.
I'm glad to hear she is doing so well! You are in our prayers!
She is so strong, just like her parents! All of you are in our prayers :)
Hooray for Olivia the Rockstar! Thanks for posting :) We'll keep praying for ya!
Oh she is so tiny! I can't believe she already has hair and lashes!! I'm so glad St. George has such a good NICU and she gets to stay close to home! Congrats! Love you guys!!
Post a Comment