Here is Alice's Story
On Thanksgiving I was having a really emotional day. I was almost the same amount of weeks with Alice as with Graydin, we were in Kanab and everything was so familiar. There were so many emotions coming back and it was hard. I kept thinking I am being so silly, but I was emotional and didn't feel good, so I went back to my room and cried.
I woke up Friday feeling a little better. We went to Tayce's Mom and Dad's house to be with the family. We went on a walk with two of our nephews and when we got back I felt some cramping, I thought it was because of the walk and being so active the last few days so I disregarded them. At about dinner time I was getting uncomfortable, Tayce took me to our room and called our doctor, the labor and deliver told him to have me take Tylenol and take a bath, it wasn't working so we went to the hospital.
At the hospital the contraction were coming strong and I was upset, "I can't do this again"
I kept telling Tayce. I tried so hard to keep my faith and keep hoping for a better outcome. Dusty and Lori came to help Tay give me a blessing and hang out with us. In Kanab they do not have the facilities to do much, so the doctors discussed transporting me to SLC, but in the end the ambulance came and got me and took Tayce and I to St. George. We had a fantastic crew that came and got us and helped so much. They were so hopeful and helped me stay calm. What a blessing they were to us.
When we got to St. George they tried everything to stop the contraction and tried to figure out what was going on, but I was dilating. The doctor gave us the option to keep stopping them and try and keep her in as long as possible, but my white blood cell count kept coming back with more, which is a sign of infection. If there is an infection small babies would not make it, so we had to just let my body take course.
At 8:22am on Saturday I delivered our beautiful little girl with Tayce and Lindy by my side. She was so beautiful and was moving and making noises. She lived for almost an hour and her daddy was able to give her a name and blessing with Jess. It was beautiful and an amazing experience to hold her in my arms and let her hold my finger. We named her Alice Jolene and got to be with her all day.
We were able to give her a bath and put clothes on her. We had amazing nurses that helped us so much. They took her and took pictures of her and did molds of her hand and feet. They made me a box with all of her things in it and made it a special experience. Our hearts our so full for the love we felt from the doctor and nurses there.
The emotions we are having right now are so scrambled. It is hard to believe that almost to the date 2 years ago we were doing the same thing with our Graydin, but we were. It is hard to believe that it could happen again, but it did. We miss her so much already and will everyday of our lives, just like Graydin.
We pray for the strength to keep going. We are grateful for all of our family and friends who help us so very much. We are so so appreciative of the doctors and nurses that did SO much for us and made our experience the best it could be. We have to thank Dusty and Lori for getting up in the middle of the night to hang out with us in the hospital in Kanab, and Jess and Lindy for coming and being by our side again during this trying time and for my mom driving down here to take care of us again. We are blessed to have such amazing people in our lives and hope that you know we love and appreciate you in our lives.

We will be having services for Alice in Kanab this coming week. We will post more information as we know it.
18 comments:
Oh my goodness Lacie, I am so sorry for what you guys are going through right now! I hope you know my prayers are with you. And if you need anything while you are in Kanab, Please, please let me know. She is beautiful! How great that Tayce got to give her a blessing and name. Hang in there! And know how loved you are.
I'm so sorry for what you have gone through. She looks so beautiful in the picture. God must have a extremely special plan for you and your family. Graydin and Alice must have a much higher and glorious purpose, and much too sacred to stay on the earth. :-) I'm so glad that she was able to receive a name and blessing. Our prayers are with you and your family.
She is so beautiful and perfect! We love you guys and are praying for you! Please let me know what I can do for you!
Lacie,
I wept as I read this. My prayers and thoughts are with you. You are an incredible person to have gone through this twice and to be expressing your gratitude amidst it all. You are such an example to me.
Alice is so beautiful.
Oh Lacie and Tayce we love you two so much and I know our Heavenly Father loves you too. I wish we knew his plan and the reasons for you to pass through this sort of sorrow again. Our prayers and hugs are with you
Lacie I am so sorry you had to go through this again. She is beautiful. You and Tayce are amazing and will be in our prayers. Wish I could see you and give you some big hugs!
Lacie I am so sorry. I love you and Tayce and your angel babies. She is so so so precious. Those babies of yours must really be needed on the other side. You and Tayce are in our prayers.
I love you and am here for you when you need it.
Lacie, You don't know me, but I am a member of HALO. I received notice of your sad news and just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I cried reading your story because it brought so many memories back of losing my son. Bless you and your husband both. I hope that you feel the loving arms of your Heavenly Father around you and know that you are being prayed for by so many you don't even know.
Elisha Jones
Lacie & Tayce,
I'm so sorry for your loss and that you have to go through this again. You are strong people and your faith is amazing! Please know that you are surrounded by many who love and care about you!
Kirsten
Lacie and Tayce I hope you guys know how much I love you both. I know since high school I have been horrible at keeping in contact, but I look at your blog and think of you both often. Just remember that Heavenly Father won't give you any trials he knows you can't handle, so just remember how strong both of you are, even if it's hard during this tough time. You are both amazing and have two babies that are needed elsewhere because they are very amazing as well. Always remember that you will see them again! I love you guys!!
Lacie and Tayce-
You are both amazing people and parents. I'm so sorry for your loss, but so grateful that you get to be an eternal family and be with your children again one day.
She is just perfect.
Lacie and Tayce I don't even know how to begin to express my sorrow for you. Once again I can't even begin to imagine what your heart is going through, I'm just so grateful for the time you got to spend with Alice and I know the Lord will comfort you in this time of need. We love you guys, please let me know if I can do anything for you, if you just need a listening ear or a should to cry on, I'm here.
Lacie Jo,
I want you to know how much you inspire me. You have an unwavering faith in the Lord's plan and I can't admire you enough for it. I cannot even fathom the feelings you and Tayce must be having, but to see your strength through these times reminds me of how powerful God's love is. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I know we aren't close but I admire you Lacie, you have always been one of the sweetest, most open-armed, nonjudgmental people I have ever had the honor of knowing. I wish nothing but wonderful things for you and your family.
Your old friend,
Mikayla
My heart is broken for you Lacie. I am so sorry for your loss. I love you so much and really admire the faith and strength you have. You are a great example to me and I cherish our friendship.
Oh Lacie! This brought tears to my eyes, I am so sorry for your loss. Your angel babies are so lucky to have such a strong mother and father. You are in my prayers.
-Shannie
My dear friends she is so so beautiful! I love you and miss you. And you guys are in my thoughts and prayers always. Love you girl!
Lacie....I didn't know that all of this was going on my heart goes out to you. your blog made me cry but it is beautiful...thank you for having such an amazing attitude. you are in my prayers
Post a Comment