Background

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

9 Day Old and She's Hold'n On!

Well Folks sorry for the delay in a new post. Tayce was gone for almost 5 days! And he had the computer so I didn't get a chance so update, but here I am sitting in Olivia's room with her giving you all an update.
Olivia is doing great! She had a hard few days while Tay was gone (I think she missed her daddy). On Friday morning she was not wanting to breath and I sat by her side all morning just helping her remember (trying to stimulate her by touching her feet or back and talking to her). It was a hard day, it was the first time she had really done anything beside just be wonderful and amaze everyone. These episodes lasted a few days and it was hard (but very very normal for her age, it takes these little ones a few weeks to remember that breathing isn't optional). Some things that helped her out: holding her :), feeding her continuously a little at a time instead of all at once (because she was spitting up and puking which was making it hard for her to breath), we've been making sure to suction out her mouth, changed her breathing machine (still on CPAP just another machine with it to help stimulate her breathing, so she's always getting at least 30 breaths a minute) and tilted her up a little so she wasn't laying flat (this helps her bubbles come out). After changes and Tayce coming home, she's been doing a lot better.
Brain scan update: Dr. R has sent her scan to Primary Children's Hospital to have their people look at it and tell him what they see. There is no one is St. George that specializes in neonatal scans, so we are just waiting for the response. They will do another scan Thursday or Friday and again let Primary's look at it and then we will have a better answer about how much bleeding and things. Thus far we are keeping our fingers crossed that all is well, because she is acting so well.
Tayce talking to his little lady. She loves him so much. Her stats are great when he is with her. He came home Monday night and read her a story and had family prayer. It was so sweet and it made me love him even more. He is so sweet and loving and loves her so much. HE'S GONNA HOLD HER TODAY!
On Monday Olivia got to switch from the prongs up her nose to a little mask that helps her keep breathing.(She'll be on both back an forth) She was so happy to give her little pig nose a rest. (The prongs stretch out her nostrils a bit and when they take them out she looks like a pig). While this was all going on her Dr. was in helping and asked if she had pictures with my ring yet. I told him no because I didn't have my ring until just recently. He said give it here and took my ring and started a little photo shoot with her. It was great. Here she is and she didn't want to let go, she already likes diamonds. :)
Olivia has amazing people taking care of her. This is Dr. R and Nurse S. They take such good care of her and me! I feel so blessed to have such amazing people around me.
Here is our little princess. She makes the saddest faces. She got to have her mask off for just a minute and so we took the opportunity to take a picture. The best part is that she kept breathing and her stats stayed good! She's pretty much amazing! Her face is still a little bruised, but if you pushed your way through a cervix with a stitch in it you would too! Oh, and see how her nose it a little piggy? It is from her nose prongs that help her to breath.
Here we are! I get to hold her almost everyday! It is so wonderful, but a little stressful. It takes a lot of work and a few people to get everything just right so we can sit there safely. She loves to sit with me though, which makes me SO happy! On Sunday night I held her for over 2 hours and she did wonderful! It was so great to feel like a mom and kiss and love on her. Being in here has been an adjustment and will continue to be one. I've been waiting for a little while to have a baby stick around and now I do, I feel so grateful, but it is so hard. This is not what you expect or think of when you think of being a mom, but really I'll take it. She is beautiful and amazing and I love her so much.
Grandma Nae got to come and spend 4 days with us while Tayce was gone. It was good to not be all alone while I was having some major stress and anxiety issues with Tay gone. She is a good mom and took care of me. Thanks mom for all the fun and for taking care of me.
Here is more of her diamonds! This puts things in perceptive a bit. I am proud to say that she is too big to wear my ring on her wrist or ankle! That makes me feel good. :)
Well, friends and family here is the update. I hope that you like the pictures. We totally love her and can't wait until she gets to meet and be with all her many followers. Your prayers are certainly helping her a lot. We can tell that we are strengthened by all of you. Thank you so much my heart is full and I hope that some day I can repay you all for your love and support. Thank you so much! Love you all and we'll get pictures of dad holding Miss Olivia tonight and get them up. :)

9 comments:

Ruth said...

It is my prayer she just gets stronger and that you will get to take her home, so you can watch her grow into the beautiful lady she is to become. You give me so much strength and feel lucky to have met you.

Christie said...

Oh Lacie, she is amazing! I always feel the spirit when I see these adorable pictures! It gives me chills just to know that you get to hold her and love on her! I wish I could come down more often! You guys are awesome and know that we are all praying our guts out to get you guys home safely! Miss you and can't wait to meet that sweet little feisty Olivia!

anderzoid said...

Love to you and yours. What a precious baby!

The White's said...

Keep up the good work, Olivia! I know it's hard to remember to breathe, but breathing is a good thing! You look beautiful in diamonds, too :)

Ash-a-bash said...

Olivia! You are beautiful! We love you and your mom and dad! Mason can finally say your name now!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful and amazing! These pictures bring back memories of when my babies were in the NICU. The doctors and nurses down there are wonderful, aren't they? I know it's hard to be down there and see your sweet Olivia hooked up on all those machines, but just keep reminding yourself that she WILL make it home. Sometimes it's hard to fathom it while you're stuck in the NICU, but she will in fact come home one day! And what a great day it will be!!!

I love those pictures with your ring - really puts things into perspective.

Love you and praying for your little fighter!

Simply Lovely said...

All I can think is how amazing you are! And, how precious she is! Stay strong:)

Simply Lovely said...

--Ruthann

Ruth said...

You're right. Your ring really does give us an idea of her size. I just can't imagine how tiny she is. You are a rock star Lacie! We pray for your family every night. I know it's got to be hard to not have all the opportunities most new moms have, but you will have plenty of time to love and cuddle her when she's big and strong. Plus, I know she's feeling your love as you sit by her day in and day out. You are an awesome mom. Probably stronger and more full of love than most of us.