Background

Thursday, September 15, 2011

I'm Growing Big!

This morning I came into Olivia's room to a great surprise! She is up to 1 lb. 13 oz. and very content with life right now. She had some ups and downs the last few days, but such is life for a wee little one. They tried to put her back on the CPAP, but she only lasted a day on it. She told everyone loud and clear that she was not ready to do all the work when it came to breathing. She was going apnic over and over, so they put her back on the vent. Now she's have little to no apnea spells and growing like a weed! She got her PICC line out so one less wire, which is another good thing. Her getting rid of that is a good thing because that means no more infection! She hasn't had a fever or any labs come back with any signs of an infection. So, our little one is getter better.
Miss Olivia is wearing a fashionable hat made by Kayce and it's adorable. This is me holding her Wednesday night and it was wonderful. We sat together for 2 1/2 hours and loved it. The night before was a horrible experience because her CPAP was falling out and pulling at her nose and she was uncomfortable and it was so sad to see her so unhappy, but it was all good when we got to have a great experience the next night. I don't know if I am going to know what to do when I can hold her without the help of several people. :)
This is our Princess after she got the vent put back in. Anytime we would try to do anything in her bed or talk this is what she would do. So this is her I'm done leave me alone pose.
It is super hard to get this little one with her eyes open so this was as good as it gets as of now. Believe me though she is wide eyed and adorable. I love it when she looks around and when you talk to her she looks at you like I know your voice. It is so sweet and I LOVE it.
This is a different day, but again she loves her I'm done with the day pose. :) Makes us smile and the nurses too.
She was happy as can be laying on her belly this morning. Thank you Nurse W and Nurse M for taking such good care of her the last few days!
Really I love her more and more every single day. Some days in this place are so very hard and I get so down, but really I look her alive and growing and it all melts away that she is here and doing so well. She is amazing and the people that help her everyday are too. What a blessing it is to have this modern medicine to help this sweet baby and thank goodness for prayers and faith of so many family and friends. My testimony is strengthened by you all and I am grateful for your love and support. We love you so much!
P.S. I should of taken a picture of my car and put it up because it's having more troubles then Olivia. We got it to the car last night and it was having some struggles starting. It could be a battery issues and it isn't an alternator issues, so we are hoping it's not starter issues, but I'll let you know. She's at Lloyd's in Cedar right now getting a check up.
And Tayce just called me as I was typing this to tell me what is wrong. The battery was leaking on things which was causing some issues, but it is a lot better then a starter issue. Thank goodness!

4 comments:

Christie said...

YAY for Olivia! I really think she's going to have your spunk Lacie! Which makes me love her that much more! She's chunking up... you better watch out ;) That hat is ADORABLE! Kayce did an awesome job! Love you guys! Stay strong and let me know if you guys need a car to get back in forth!

Ruth said...

Yay for Olivia! Your strength is an example to me.

Price Brothers Apartments said...

You don't know me, but we have a mutual friend Kayce. I had triplets at 28 weeks 6 days in St. George after 5 weeks of preterm labor. My heart is with you and if you ever need some support and encouragement feel free to call or email me! smileyjae@gmail.com or 704-4899. My girls are now 4 years old and are healthy, strong and wonderful they were born at 2.10, 2.14, 2.15!

These preemies are tough, but so worth it!

Anonymous said...

Lacie, I just want to let you know how much admiration I have for you! I have been following your pregnancy with this baby with my fingers crossed for you and Tayce. She is a beautiful little princess I am so happy that you have her. The modern medicines and technology are truly miraculous. Having been through a preemie, (24 week son)I understand and know exactly what you are going through including the bleeds! Those little preemies have to fight to survive making them tough little guys. Breathing alone burns up so many calories that it is easier for them to stay on the ventilator/respirator just to give them a rest and let their little bodies grow and mature as it did inside the womb. It's a rollercoaster ride so keep your arms and legs in at all times and stay positive and determined. I still remember the warm fuzzy feeling that overcame me when I walked into the NICU and by the side of his bed was his carseat. I thought that day would never come. That was 21 years ago. Thanks for sharing your posts with us. Sincerely, Lannell Dove