Background

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I LOVE Cedar City

I got to come home for the day today and it is sorta hard, but really it makes me totally regenerated. I have such a wonderful support system here. Cedar is my home and I am totally attached. I miss it and I can't wait to show Olivia her real home. ;)
I was fortunate enough to go to work today and sit in the center, what a great place. No wonder I have spent the lat 5 1/2 years there! :) The students that spend their time there are great people, people you want to spend your time with, people you would let babysit your children. I went to lunch with Pam and it was great to catch up and talk with her. I am going to miss the center a lot... Yup I am making a huge step in my life I'm not going to have a job! For some of you, you'll understand that, that is a big thing for me. I am bit of a workaholic (thanks mom ;) It will be good though, my dream for the last forever is to be a mom and now I finally get to do so. I've had a few just kidding moments and now it's gonna happen, which makes me happy, but it is a lot of change. So I'm gonna dive in head first and figure this all out. I'll be looking up to you moms that have done this. :)
Well sorry no pictures, this was more of a personal post, but I'll still let you know that Olivia is doing well. She is finishing up her medicine for her pneumonia and thus far it seems to be working. She is breathing more and she is a lot more active again. She also got some good compliments today from the nurses... they told her she looks SO BIG! Which really, that is a compliment that melts a NICU mothers heart.
Have a great weekend and I'll post more pictures soon!

2 comments:

Chels said...

I'm glad she's doing well! And I'm happy you are going to be able to spend your time being a mom instead of working as well. Though, I agree that it is hard at first (I remember being pretty bored and lonely at first), but you definitely get used to it and figure out what to do. Plus, as Olivia grows, you will find she keeps you plenty busy :) Good luck!

Landon Family said...

How cool of a family are you guys?! And I think staying home is the hardest but best decision to make. You will do fine after the first little while. Good for you Lacie! We are praying for you guys!