Background

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Chunky Baby!

As of today Olivia is 4 pounds 11 ounces! She has been fluctuating a little since she is nursing and eating from a bottle, it takes some extra work to do those things. She is doing great at eating IF she wakes up, she does not like to be woken up to eat and really it's not even worth trying because she won't eat if we wake her up. So, it's gotta be on her time.
The whole nursing thing is getting difficult though. I love to nurse her, but my body it just not increasing the amount I make to feed her. She tries and tries to nurse for like 15 to 30 minutes and then she's hungry so I have to giver her a bottle which takes her more time and energy. It probably seems like not a big deal, but in the world of the hospital it is. If it takes her an hour to eat it messes up her schedule and then it messes with my body to produce. It's just becoming a pain. And on top of that she doesn't eve want to wake up. The last two days she's hardly eaten! (Don't worry she still gets her feeding tube feeds :)
Well enough about that rant. Really all is well. She is doing great and she is getting cuter and cuter by the second. NNP B said today in rounds that she would feel comfortable sending her home at that point IF she ate all 8 feedings. So, it's just a waiting game. The nurses say that she will just wake up one day and be ready to eat all day, but in the meanwhile it's just a guessing game.
She is getting better at the bottle and is fantastic at nursing. She still de-sats a little when she is eating, but she's getting better.
She loves cuddling with her daddy. In the past few weeks she has started to love being held and having her back rubbed and her head. It was just like a blink and she all of a sudden started acting more and more like a full term baby.
Loving being with her daddy. And I'm pretty sure Tay is just smitten by her. If you all think I am spoiled, watch out because this little one might try and beat me.
There she is getting SO big. It actually made me sad the other day because I was afraid she was going to be big before I even got to take her home. Some days I feel like I will go home when she can walk with me because she grows so dang fast.
She's such a happy girl. She's starting to realize that she is controlling those things we call her hands and it's so fun to see her trying to figure out what they are doing in her way. :)
My baby Olivia
There she is laying on my lap. She loves that binki and yes she can hold it in herself. She loves to wiggle out of her blankets and loves to have her feet uncovered. She figured out how to squirm all the way to the bars of her crib on my birthday. Nurse T took a picture to show us how she found her screaming. I only have a print, but I'll figure out how to get it up.
I got to celebrate my birthday a couple of times, which if so normal if you know me even a little. On the 8th I spent the day with my magnifecent husband and my favorite relative Stephanie came from up north and took me to lunch. Thanks relative! Then on the 12th I got to have a lunch celebration with the nurses because it was nurse S's birthday so we had a little party and that night (see picture above) some of my bestest friends around came and had a pizza party with me. Thanks to all of you! I had a great birthday!
Well friends and family Olivia is wonderful and thanks to so many prayers from you both Tayce and I are sain and healthy. Thank you so very much for your support. Love you all!

2 comments:

Christie said...

wow Reese even turned around! That's an awesome picture! She is so beautiful! Go eat Olivia! I hope you guys get to be home soon!

Landon Family said...

Oh. My. Gosh! She is so sweet!!! And I LOVE the cute cute outfits you put on her, she is so beautiful!! So, I have a couple questions for you... Would you email me?? Joelandlilylandon@gmail.com :)