Background

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Alice

 My heart is so full of emotions that writing this is not the easiest thing to do, but I know through this blog I have coped much and hope and pray that it has helped someone.
On the morning of November 27th 2010 our beautiful Alice was born. Getting pregnant with her was such a blessing and we were so excited. We wanted to have her with us so much and when I went into labor our dreams were crashing all over again. It was like reliving the most horrible dream you've ever had again and again. Loosing Alice was hard and everyday for the last year I have missed her and loved her and yearned to be with her again. Her spirit was soft spoken and gentle, but she fought so hard and made a hard decision. She left this earth after only an hour and made it possible for Olivia to be here.

 Today I sit and remember my sweet Alice while I sit on my couch and look at my miracle, Olivia. My heart plays tug-a-war with emotions. The emptiness of not having Alice is still so real, but at the same time my heart over flows with gratitude for the miracle I get to hold in my arms everyday. In 9 months I said see you soon to Alice and please stay with me Olivia. In the last year and half I have went through two pregnancies and had two of the most beautiful baby girls a mom could ever ask for. In the last 3 months my heart has went every which way as I sat in the hospital, seeing babies the size of Alice live and my heart was going though a battle of emotions and what if's. And as I sat in Olivia's room and marveled at the miracle she is my heart was comforted and a sweet spirit reaffirmed to me that this was the plan. What a blessing it is to have the gospel in my life, what a blessing it is to KNOW that Alice is my daughter and she is with us everyday and loves us and because our Savior died for us to live again and the gospel was restored on the earth we get to be an eternal family. I would never be able to live without that knowledge. 
 Alice will always be in our hearts and on this day we say HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET ALICE, we love you and miss you every single day. I hope you are with Graydin and I hope you know I love you both with all my heart and I will do all I can to be with you again. You are not forgotten my sweet angel.
Happy Birthday Baby Girl! Your Mom and Dad love you so much! Until we meet again on that glorious day, be with me.

1 comment:

Christine Fiscer, Birthkeeper said...

So many hugs, Lacie and Tayce. I got teary as I read through this. I can't even begin to imagine all of the ups and downs you have gone through this year...and you both are such amazing and strong people. Love to you both!