Miss Olivia is officially a full size "regular" baby. She went to the doctors for her 4 month appointment and she is a whopping 8 pounds 8 ounces and she is 20 1/4 inches long! Holy moly! She still looks so little though. Someone came in to check in to the apartments the other day and when they saw her they were like "oh she's so little is she like 6 pounds" no no she isn't. I'm glad she still looks little though. She still fits into her newborn clothes and newborn diapers so I'm content with that.
Here she is in her homemade baby legs by Kayce! SO DANG CUTE! The whole day she reminded me of my oldest sister who loved Flash Dance. These pictures are dedicated to you Misty and I hope you do a little Flash Dance because of the pictures! Love you. Oh, and P.S. those darling socks are from Beau, what good taste he has. Thanks Beau!
So this is Miss Olivia staring at the wall. She stares at this exact area every day. I took a bunch of pictures and she would not take her eyes off that wall. So, some say it's because the walls are white and bright others say its the stuff on the wall and there are some that think maybe she has some friends that I can't see. You know I totally believe in our loved ones watching over us after they have passed on and this little girl has a brother and sister and many others that sure do love her. Well, no matter what it is she does it and it makes us giggle.
There's my naked baby with her Daddy. Do you see that Buddha belly and head. You can rub them for luck! :)
Olivia got her toes painted! Yes I did it. I go one of my little tiny paint bushes and got them painted. They are so cute! I love seeing her cute little toes, but with pink paint on them they are even cuter. Some of you might now that painted toes are what all girls need in my eyes. Because of my dear MaLynda I always have cute toes too.
Sleeping with her new painted toes and her baby legs.
Magically got them off!
Sweet girl!
She was not so happy when we were taking her January 8th pictures so we decided to put her on her belly and take one (putting her on her belly helps her calm down I think she might have some tummy troubles.)
My baby and me! LOVE LOVE LOVE being a mom . And to tell you the truth as I sat the other day listening to my favorite artist Hilary Weeks I was totally overcome by how much I love Olivia and being a mom and I totally new at that point that I AM a mom and that the choice to stay home with her is write, no matter what the world tells me and no matter how difficult it is for me sometimes to figure out how to be a stay at home mom. It was a beautiful moment and all of you who have a children in your lives Hilary Weeks sings a beautiful song called Stand Still. I would ad a link or something, but I am not that high tech.
Just had to post a fit throwing picture. If this girl doesn't get what she wants she lets us know! I'll just call her determined.
January 8 SHE'S SO BIG!
Today Olivia went and got a shot :( It's her Synigis shot which is for RSV season. She is quite cuddly after her shot so Tayce and I get to love on her all day! This onsie she is wearing is a 0-3! Oh my goodness. Our NICU friend Sarah Jane gave us the cutest package of onsies and I thought she won't wear these for awhile, but her newborn onsies were getting a little snug so I switched and they fit. Thank you Sarah Jane, good luck taking your babies home!
4 comments:
Oh friend! I'm always so happy when I read your blog and you show all these fun pictures of Olivia growing so big!! Of coarse you love being a mom and you are dang good at it girl! Love you miss you!
She is adorable! You look gorgeous just holding her! You are seriously just glowing! I am so happy for you lacie! You are a wonderful mother!
You are amazing Lacie! Go you! Don't let anyone make you feel bad about staying home! It is all a matter of priorities, even with a small income it can be done. You will have people say some rude things. An old communications professor of mine said, "You are wasting your education?!" Haha if only he realized how much our society needs good stay at home moms! I know some women do not have a choice, but it is sad that so many kids are raised by day care. All because women are pressured to be both successful in a career and a mom.
Olivia looks amazing! What an amazing girl, just like her momma!
-Shan
Love the leggings Miss Olivia!!! Keep up the good work :)
Post a Comment