Background

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Goodbye 2011

It's a new year and all I have to say is WOW! My friend Amanda G. posted a recap of 2011 and I loved the idea, so here is our recap of 2011.
We have amazing friends and we got some new ones in January. This is Justin and Amy, we went on a little mini trip to Kanab and had a great time.
These are some of the most amazing people I know. The first half of the year I got to continue working for SUU in the Service and Learning Center (now Community Engagement Center). The people I got to work with are amazing and I miss them so much. Thanks for being so great!
Throughout the year we got to spend good time with amazing friends. This is the Pollocks (well some of them) and we love them. This year we got to do FHE with them almost every Monday and it was so much fun. Love you all!
In March our sweet nephew Ethan had to go to the hospital in SLC, so Tay and I had the privilege of watching M'Kala, Jace and Aden. Aden is above, yes in pink pants. He ran out of PJ pants and wouldn't put normal pants on so I improvised and found some pants I had from collecting clothes for future children. We had a lot of fun with Aden while his siblings were at school. It was a good few days.
I had to recap this amazing chair that we got for $5.00, what a great chair. I sit on it and smile every time.
For Easter I started my annual Easter Egg party. We had a great turn out and it was so fun. We started with a Jesus story, had an Easter egg hunt and ate. It was so much fun to have so many good friends around. Can't wait until our 2012 party!
The same day as our party we found out we were pregnant with baby #3. It was some crazy emotions, but we wouldn't change it for anything.
In April we traveled to Tucson for our nephew Zach's baptism and it was great, long drive, but wonderful to spend time with our Tucson Robinson's! Love you all and can't wait until we can come again.
April we also got to have our niece Kelbi come and stay with us and we LOVED it. We love when she comes and stays and miss her so much. Can't wait to see her again.
In May Tayce graduated from SUU and we celebrated our 3 year anniversary. :) Good month!
May also had a trip with Service Leaders, Amy and I took a group of students up north for a leadership conference and we had good times at my friend CJ's hotel, swimming and laughing and having a good time!
On the way home from the trip above we not only got to eat at Zupas, but we met our friend the zebra in Salina. Now every time we pass Salina we stop to see our Zebra and Tay buys jerky.
June was fun, our nieces Madison and Kyleigh came and stayed with us with my mom and Riley. It was fun to see the girls, we hadn't seen them since our wedding.
July started our with a fun trip to the Linton's cabin with the Robinson's!
Ethan and Tay were buddies during our cabin trip. :)
The end of July I was put on strict all the time bed rest. It was hard, but I learned some good things. I am binding a quilt in the picture above, the quilt was given to me by Sister Smith and Sister Imlay who not only brought me a blanket! but also taught me how to bind. Thank you ladies.
August started out just dandy, Amy got married and we did the flowers at my house. It was so much fun to help her with her flowers. (Yes our new friends in January go marred)
Tay go his books for school, he started his graduate program in September.
August 28th our lives changed for the better for sure!
We spent a lot of time in the hospital with Olivia. Our life became a little crazy, but it was all worth it.
Another example of an amazing friend. This is Christie she is one of my greatest friends and I appreciate all she did for us. She is a great friend. A lot of great friends came and saw us and sent us things. We feel so grateful that we have such wonderful friends and family. Thank you!
September, October and November looks a lot like this for Tayce. :)
Shayla is an amazing friend and person. She came with her Aunt and we had a Saturday that was so much fun. Thank you for allowing us to meet your Aunt and for allowing us to be friends with you.
We watched miss Olivia grow big!
More great friends. MaLynda and Becka (Brenda taking the picture) are some of the bestest friends. What great woman. Love you so much.
October we celebrated Halloween as a super hero, tricker treating to Dr. Ridout and going outside!
She kept getting bigger and stronger and louder.
The end of November we got to go home! So happy to be home with this beautiful girl.
We've had some great friends and family come and visit and it's nice to show off our cute baby. Brenda came and even wore Olivia's favorite colors, what a good friend.
We did celebrate Thanksgiving even though I said we weren't.
We started Christmas early! (Decorations up November 19th).
That's my bestest gift I got for Christmas. :) Christmas was good. Loved it.
December 31st we snuck in our first trip to Kanab with Olivia. Spent some time with brother and sister.
We love our babies! Thankful that families can be together forever. Love you Graydin and Alice.
Ended the year visiting Grandma and Grandpa Robinson and started the year visiting Grandma Nae and Riley. Spoiled girl. :)
2011 has been a crazy year, a year I wouldn't necissarily ask for again, but it has also been a year of learning and love. A year that we are grateful for. Thank you family, friends, ward member and NICU staff for making this a year we will remember. Love you all. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

Christie said...

what a year you had! I think it's turned out pretty well! That picture of me is so good too! I want a copy! hehe I think it was because I was sitting next to a cabinet of delicious cupcakes! hehe