Background

Thursday, September 1, 2011

4 Days Old!

My feelings are all over the place right now. My whole entire heart is overwhelmed with gratitude for this miracle in our lives, for all the love and compassion we've been shown by our friends, family and the staff at the hospital and for the blessing that come to us everyday.
Olivia has been doing SO good, we are so proud of her and the doctors describe her as "a rock star", "awesome" and "amazing" which makes Tayce and I very happy. The people at the hospital are wonderful and they care so much about all the babies in here. We are so very grateful for them. She has had a few hiccups, which is very expected. She had her IV's in her belly button, but because of some risks and placement issues she had to get a pick line in her little hand. It amazes me that they can get an IV in her little hand, but not in mine! :) She also had to have a blood transfusion because her little body does not produce enough for her and all the tests she has to have. So, the transfusion will help her keep her energy up so she can keep growing! She's also had some blood in her  urine, but she's sorta a little mystery right now. All her labs are coming back clear and great, her X-ray and ultrasounds are coming back clear. They are watching her closely, but thus far she's doing well. She is now on the CPAP machine, which is better for her then the ventilator and she is doing really well breathing with less assistance. The new machine looks scary and uncomfortable, but it is better for her. I came in yesterday morning and just cried because she looked so helpless and I couldn't do anything.
It is a difficult task to finally get a baby her and say "I'm a MOM!" but not get to do much at all. I have to just stay positive and remember that I am doing all that I can for her. I get to pump and she gets my milk through her feeding tube and I sing You Are My Sunshine to her everyday and pray more then I've ever prayed and I even get to hold her! She's an amazing girl and I am ecstatic that I get to say she's mine.
Thank you so much for all your love and support and prayers. My words cannot express how much you strengthen our little family and how blessed I feel that we have so many people cheering for us. We appreciate it and love you all. Have a great long labor day weekend! And I must give a little shout out to a very special person in my life.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER! WE LOVE YOU AND ARE SO PROUD OF YOU! KEEP UP THE HARD WORK IN SOUTH CAROLINA AND KNOW WE THINK OF YOU OFTEN AND YOU HAVE A LITTLE GIRL THAT IS SO EXCITED TO MEET HER UNCLE TYLER!

Our 1st family picture! Look at all that hair she has! Got to hold her on 8/30.
There I am with many blanket over sweet Olivia, making sure she stays warm.

She LOVES to wiggle her feet and stretch them out. Her feet look like her daddy's! And her second toe is longer then her big toe, that's gotta be from her dad and Grandma Nae!

Here she is propping her foot up on her knee just chilling.
This is the new machine, it is hard to look at, at least for me but she is well. Her stats have been good and the doctors are very happy with her.
Last, but not least her are my HUGE SWOLLEN feet and ankles! I got to our room last night and felt tired and my feet felt tight and not so great. I sat down and there they were. I sorta freaked out a little. This has never happened before, but Tay says I've been doing too much and that's why. We'll see what happens. 

Last little update for you all. I am not coming home for a long time. I will miss Cedar and make appearances when I feel comfortable with Olivia and I's schedule, but St. George is my temporary home. We are staying at the Jubilee home across the street from the hospital (right by the temple!). Tayce is going to be doing some reverse commuting. He will be going to Cedar to do his internship and apartment stuff and then coming back here to spend the evening and mornings with Olivia and I. We love you and certainly will miss our Cedar comrades!



7 comments:

Amy said...

She is so precious! I am so happy things are going good. My feet swelled up like that after I had Peter, The Dr. said it was just extra fluid from IV's and it would go away. What a wonderful miracle and blessing you have. Rob and I would love to do anything for you guys. Just say the word. We love you and will keep praying for you.

Ash-a-bash said...

We are so proud of the progress that Olivia is making! You are such a wonderful family! We will miss you but we will try and see you when we can. We love you dearly and are praying for your constantly. Cadence can say Olivia pretty well. We are working on it with Mason.

Love you!

Ash

Ruth said...

I can not express how happy I am that your little Olivia is fighting. I think of you and her everyday. I pray she gets stronger and stronger, until you are able to bring her home from the hospital. I am so grateful to have know you. You give me strength.

We're the Jones' said...

She is gorgeous!!!

Lola + Ryan said...

I love this. She's beautiful. I can't BELIEVE all that hair for being as early as she was! holy cow she'd have had a FRO or be RAPUNZEL if she'd stayed in any longer! holy moly she's so beautiful. so happy for you. i cried reading this. so so happy for you. can't wait to meet the little cutie. you are a wonderful mama.

Jesica Lindsay said...

She is so precious and beautiful! I am so so happy that she is doing so well and we are still keeping up our prayers for the three of you and that Olivia will continue to do so great. Please let me know if there is anything at all that you guys need, we'll be happy to help in anyway. Lots of love to little Olivia!

Landon Family said...

Hi! My word what a little fighter. I love the name too! Congrats you guys, you will be in our thought and prayers.