Background

Friday, September 16, 2011

FINALLY FRIDAY

Can't believe it is already Friday. :) Days are going by fast and really I'm okay with that. I know that moms always tell me that they hate to wish away their babies lives, but everyday she gets older the happier I get. I want to remember every moment, but I also want the moment we go home to get here. :) I know it will, yesterday I heard the nurses already discussing Thanksgiving! That's sweet because that's about when we will start thinking about going home!
Today we had another head scan to check on her brain bleeds. They are looking about the same as last week, some are doing better which is good. Some of them the doctors are still concerned about, but all we can do is watch and wait. She is not showing any signs that her brain is effecting her right now. They thought that maybe the brain issues were causing her apnea issues, but once they put her back on the vent and she started breathing again and her apnea went almost all away it showed them that she was more tired. The doctors have told us that problems stemming from the brain do not come and go and they don't go away, so her apnea is not from the brain! Which was wonderful news. So, what we do now is just keep praying and and waiting and watching. She is doing so well and trying to grow!
Daddy got to hold Olivia this afternoon (actually as I am typing this he is holding her! That's the only way I could get the computer :) They are awfully cute together and she is doing so well. She knows her Daddy that is for sure. Tay was telling me that it was more important for me to hold her then him, but I think I disagree. I think she needs us both to hold her and love on her.
From up and awake to taken a little snooze!
This is me holding yesterday. I got to hold her again for more then 2 hours. She is liking this holding stuff which is a dream come true. I was afraid she might be like a little friend of mine who spent some time in the NICU who didn't like to be  held. ;) That little ladybug knows who she is.
But if you look close to the picture above you can see those little eyes!  So I cropped it to show you her eyes really are open! Thank you nurse M for the great picture.
There is our little beauty with her adorable hat on. It is now her holding hat, so she doesn't get cold. But those eyes are wide open and she loves to look around. I tell you when she is looking around she looks right at me and sometimes she smiles. I don't know if it is involuntary, but I think is is a little heavenly hug telling me "I love you mom" I just have to believe that. Yesterday I was singing "You Are My Sunshine" and she smiled! She knows that's her song. She is my sunshine and I smile every moment I think of her and thank my Heavenly Father for letting me her mom.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I can't get over how adorable she is! I am in love with her. I love the pic of Olivia and Tayce, so precious!

Ash-a-bash said...

I love these pictures! And we love you guys!

Christie said...

of course she is totally smiling at you! She loves you so much, you are her world! Isn't that an awesome feeling?! Those pictures of Tayce holding her will never get old! Adorable!

Ruth said...

My daughters loved it as babies, when their dad held them. Even grandpa. We are off to the temple this afternoon, so we will put your names in.