Background

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Miss Olivia aka: Miss Thang :)

What a girl we have. I am so thrilled to have this little one in our lives. She makes me so happy. She is growing so big! Drum roll please....
1 pound 15.5 ounces!
a couple centimeters off of 14 inches!
It is totally normal for her to fluctuate in her weight, so she could go down some a little, but we are thinking she'll be solid 2 pounds by the end of the week! So happy. 
So, she's had some roller coaster ups and downs, but she's taking them like a champ. (She'll do good at Disneyland ;) Her first infection is gone, but she wasn't breathing well and we couldn't figure out why. So, Nurse K one night decided to do a lab on some of the mucus they were getting out of her vent tube, it came back with and increase of white blood cells, which is a sign of infection. This infection ended up being a form of pneumonia. It is sad that she got it, but a blessing that we found out what it was. Now it is being treated and she is already breathing better. She is nice and pink and growing growing growing, which is what we want. We want her to be a little bigger so when we switch to the CPAP again she will be able to handle it better. And don't you worry I give her little pep talks about breathing. I tell her if she breaths like a big girl she won't have to have that CPAP on very long, I tell her this because I know she doesn't like that CPAP at all, it covers up her pretty face and she doesn't go for that. :) 
Now she is pretty spoiled, not just from me, but everyone. Last night she was being fought over by the nurses. :) Nurse S and Nurse W both love her they told me and just love to be her nurse. It was cute, they are good women. She is also spoiled by all her friends who give her so many gifts and from her family. Her Aunt LeeAnn made her baby booties that are her size (well she's starting to grow out of them already, but we got a photo shoot of her wearing them.) So here they are... 



She loved having everyone coming in and telling her how cute she is in her little booties! I love them. Thank you Aunt LeeAnn!

























Here she is! She looks bigger to me. She loves being held, mostly I think she loves getting out of her bed. Changing things up a little is always good. Tonight Tayce is going to hold this little one again. We are trying to take turns you know. :) We love her and are thankful that so many of you do also. Thank you for the prayers they really are working.

3 comments:

Kayce Pearson said...

Oh my goodness, look at her thighs!! She is starting to chunk up beautifully!!! She does look so much bigger, it's awesome!! She has such a personality, what a cute little girl :)

SarahBeeCreations said...

She's beautiful! What a sweetheart - I'm sure she is loving her mamacuddle time. So happy to see she is doing so well <3

Ash-a-bash said...

She is so amazing! I am glad that things are going well! I love her and I can't wait to meet her some day. Cadence and Mason keep asking who Olivia is. They are so interested in her. I love it!