From CPAP ickyness to HIGH FLOW goodness!
Olivia is doing well at being a big girl and got to go to high flow on the 12th. Tayce and I came in to see her before we headed up to Provo for Baby Canyon's sealing and she was miserable. Her CPAP wouldn't stay in, her heart rate kept spiking to 200+ and I was just not super happy about the whole situation. NNP T came in and asked me what was the matter, so I explained. She asked why she wasn't on high flow and of course I said I don't know. She said I'll be right back and in 10 minutes RT G was in her room with the high flow equipment (which wasn't much compared to CPAP). Thank goodness this is gone, she just looks so unhappy and she always acted that way too.
HIGH FLOW BABY
Here is our darling Olivia on high flow! And she's being a pirate, ARGGG.... :) The white thing on her mouth is a contraption to keep her feeding tubes in. For two reasons she need's this. One, she slobbers like crazy. We thought it was the CPAP because it does cause more saliva and two she thinks she doesn't need them anymore and won't keep them in. She pulled them out on Friday so many times we had to do something. She pulled them out and her feeding got all over her bed and she got all stinky! This picture is from Nurse M who we love so much. While Tayce and I were gone to Provo, nurse M and NNP T sent us pictures to let us know she was doing well. What great people we get to associate with.
This one is from Nurse M also.
Here is our first real smile picture. She was just smiling up a storm and I finally caught it with my camera. She's just darling! Love her so much.
Other things that happened this week:
Echo was done on the 10th, this is looking at her heart. They decided to have a look at her heart to make sure her murmur was normal and it is. They will take another look before she goes home and she'll have to have another when she gets bigger.
Eye exam on the 12th went well. Eye Dr. R said her eyes look awesome for how early she was. Her eyes are not all the way developed, but that is expected. She will have another exam in about 3 weeks to see how things are progressing.
Over all she is doing fantastic. Dr. C asked if we were getting ready to discharge (which he was just kidding around because she is doing so well) and it really freaked me out. I want to take her home more then anything in the world, but I want her to be healthy and ready to go home. She's still a little too little to go home.
Things she's working on or getting ready for:
- Continuing to breath
- Getting ready to eat (not from a tube) (tolerating her food she's getting)
- Growing
- Pooping and peeing (without any assistance, every once in awhile she needs some help pooping)
- Keeping herself warm so she can get out of her spaceship
- Weaning down on the high flow so she can wear clothes (the above bullet is also a stipulation on clothes wearing)







No comments:
Post a Comment