Background

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Luckiest Girls In The World

If this is not the sweetest picture you've ever seen I don't know what is. 

My heart feels so full of gratitude for my many blessings. The two biggest ones are above in that darling picture (and I wouldn't be surprised if two others were in the picture with them). Having a family has been my dream since the day I knew I could have one. When I played pretend I was always a mom and my heart was thrilled when I was a mom with a desk (as a child my mothers ironing board was my desk :) Being a mom is such a blessing to me. I know I have been a mom for like 3 years now, but this time it's different. I get to worry about someone and be the one that she needs. When I walk into her room and she hears me and opens her eyes I am thrilled. When she reacts to my touch I am over joyed. When the nurses say your mommy is here and tell me that she hasn't calmed down since you got here, I actually feel needed. This little girl means more to me then I ever knew could be possible. In the middle of all the stress of getting used to not being home and waiting to know she was going to be okay I didn't feel like a mom and now 44 days later I am really starting to feel it as I look at my amazing husband hold our little girl. My heart feels over full with love and gratitude for a Heavenly Father who through all we go through, each and everyone of us, gives us what we need when we think it might never happen. He loves us enough to let us go through trials and hardships that we might become someone a little better, a little more compassionate, a little more empathetic and little more Christ like and eventually we will be able to be the persons He knows we can be. It is amazing that we live in a world that can be so bad and evil, but if you look and remember through our jaded eyes that things are still good and lovely. There is light anywhere if we look for it and recognize it, it is just waiting to be found. Words are hard to find to describe my feelings about how blessed I feel, not only for Tayce, Graydin, Alice and Olivia, but blessed to have family and friends that mean the world to me. I am blessed to be around the greatest people ever and I love them so much. This night I just feel blessed, blessed to have talked to some of the greatest friends, have sat with an amazing family, heard such wonderful news from friends, talked with my own mom and so much more. I apologize if you have read threw my babbilings and I've wasted your time, but I would have felt ungrateful if I didn't express this today. I love each one of you so much and appreciate the blessing of you in my life and  your support.

3 comments:

Christie said...

ok that picture of Tayce and Olivia is AMAZING! SO adorable! Her poor little nose! :( You could never waste my time putting stuff like that up... I am glad you can see the positive around you when so much could be so wrong! We love you guys and know that it only gets better from here!

Melissa said...

You are so cute Lace. I'm bummed we didn't make it to the shower but that just means I'll have to hand deliver a gift (dang it... :) ) Love the picture, love the post, we pray for you every pray and if we forget Macey sternly reminds us that we forgot after the pray. It's pretty cute the hear our kids pray for you... I think their prays count double since they are so sincere and cute about it. Thinking of you! M.

Jesica Lindsay said...

The picture of Tayce and Olivia is one of the most precious things I have ever seen and it makes me so, so happy for your amazing family. I so look forward to reading your posts and to see how you are all doing. I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to the baby shower, there has been a lot of stuff going on and one of these days when you are finally home with Olivia I'll have to tell you all about it, but like Melissa says I can just hand deliver your gift to you now. I am so incredibly happy for you, Tayce and little Olivia and you all continue to be in our prayers.