I can't believe we've been in the hospital for over 50 days! WOW! What a journey we've embarked and really it's been okay. I have learned so much already. I've learned about me, about relationships, about doctor/nurse stuff, about being a mom and so much more. Olivia is my miracle and I thank my Heavenly Father for giving me her. Her personality is so fun and the bigger she gets the more she interacts, which is so much fun.
This is her first picture after she got high flow, she totally was trying to figure it all out. I loved watching her after RT G took off the CPAP and put the high flow, she was just waiting for someone to put all that junk on her head again, but we didn't! WAHOO!
There is her bare face, chubby cheeks an all. Her face looks so different from day to day. You can tell it's her, but sometimes she looks so different.
Some of this girls poses are hilarious. Now that she is over 31 weeks she gets to have the window open in the day to let the sunshine in, which is way nice. Nurse T opened the window and her hand went to her face to block the sun, what a smart girl. It's a darling picture though and to tell you the truth she's always doing things like this, making the whole unit laugh. :)
Miss Olivia loungin in her pumpkin patch. Nurse T let her have a pumpkin patch bed and let her wear her pumpkin hat. She just laid down and up goes her hands all relaxed.
At night time she gets to cuddle with her daddy. Here she is wide eyed and beautiful. When we got in tonight she was wide awake and just stared at me as I talked to her. She loves being talked to when she's awake, but don't be messing with the queen when she's asleep... she get cranky.
We are doing skin to skin or kangaroo care twice a day now with her. The occupational therapist came and looked at her yesterday and there are a few concerns. One she gets a little irritated when she is touched, she needs to learn to like to be held and touched. When these little ones come and live in the NICU they start to associate touch with negative things, so now it is our job to reverse that. Second she arches her back a lot which can affect her development down the road with rolling over and things, so we are watching that and last we are going to start doing some massages with her to help her relax her muscles (and it will help with positive touch). Really though she is doing well, we just have to be aware of the things that can occur with babies born as early as her.
Look at that chubby hand! She is just growing so much. She just looks like a miniature baby for sure.
Stretching on daddy's belly. Right now as I type Olivia is snuggled up asleep on her daddy. She was wide awake and got her wiggles out and then she snuggled in and fell asleep. I don't blame her, I love cuddling with him also. :)
Family picture! Thank you nurse W! Sometime soon we are going to hold her up and get a family picture with all of our faces, so be waiting for that friends!
Love you all so much. Thanks to all of you who watch this blog and care so much. It is so nice to know that we can live in a world with crumby stuff, but still be surrounded by such goodness. Love and appreciate you all.
Here are some numbers for those who want them:
51 days old (gestational age is 32 weeks!)
15 inches long
1481 grams or 3 pounds 4 ounces !
High flow with a pressure of 6 (at a pressure of 2 she gets to start nursing)
25mL of milk an hour (approximately 30 calories an hour)
7 comments:
She's starting to get some great color! Way to go Olivia!
She is getting so big! You guys are a beautiful family and I know that I am greatly blessed to know you!
I love how big she is getting! She gets prettier every day!! I just love her and hope I can meet her soon!! It was so great to see you both on Saturday!!
She as some chubby cheeks!! She is so cute and I love watching her progress so quickly!! Nurse T and Dr C were also my little ones caregivers and they are GREAT! She is definately in great hands!
She is such a miracle! I thank Heavenly Father for having met you and knowing of your journey. Which reminds me I need to give my mom an update on your beautiful daughter. She prays for her too.
She is looking so big! Love ya'll!
Great to hear she's doing so well. It's interesting to hear what OTs are concerned with for little ones ... I never thought of the positive touch thing, but it makes sense. I know that if anyone can teach her to love hugs and cuddles, it will be her amazing mommy!
Post a Comment