"Queen Olivia"
She has moved from Princess of the unit to Queen.
It seems she might need to be the Jester of the unit, because she was being silly! This is Olivia making faces at me. I was trying to get her smiling and then I got this beauty above! I just love it, it shows some personality. She's gonna be so much fun! L-O-V-E Miss Olivia. She has moved from Princess of the unit to Queen.
BEAUTIFUL BABY OF MINE
Olivia is doing well and she is so beautiful! She was extubated today and put back on the CPAP. We're giving it another shot and thus far she's giving it a go. She is breathing and sometimes A LOT! But, RT MJ says better a lot then none. So, we are just praying hard for her to catch on to the breathing thing. She hates things on her face, even if I just touch her face she freaks out, so all of the mask stuff on her really bothers her. RT MJ today asked how she was so smart, because once the CPAP was on she was figuring out how to get it off. She's doing better this evening, but you can tell her little body is still learning how all of this works. Holding is such a great adventure. This afternoon I was holding her and Nurse B said I could tell everyone that she spit up on me like a big baby because her feeding spilled on my shoulder and it looked like a spit up for sure. I actually held her today just wrapped in blankets so I could see her face, I wanted to see her before they put the CPAP on, so I sat for almost 2 hours and looked at my beautiful girl. We had some conversations about breathing like a big girl, listening to her brother and sister and remembering that she wouldn't have to wear the CPAP forever. Hopefully the talk works. :)
Also she kept her body heat up. That is one thing they watch for when they are letting her move to an open crib (so she can wear clothes) and going home is if she can keep her body heat up when she is not doing skin to skin and today she did. I actually had to take a blanket off because she was getting too warm! GO OLIVIA!
Here is the little misses first month's calendar. This is the calendar I get to put all the things that go on each day, so we can remember. She's had a full month, we hope she has a little less going on in October.
Our gorgeous little lady is in the middle stage in the diapers. She is wearing the preemie diapers now! The miniature diapers are too small and the preemies are too big, so she just wears the preemie ones now and it makes her look so big. And it makes her legs look short. Not only did she go up in diaper sizes, but she also went up in binkie sizes. The mini binkie she just didn't like too much, but she loves to suck. She is always sucking on her feeding tube or tongue and even sometimes if she can find her hand she will suck on her had. So, today we went a size up in her binkie and she loved it. I will try to get a picture of her with is.
She's become a pretty good sleeper and eater. They are starting to wean her off of continuous feeds. So before she was getting fed all day long, drip by drip. Now she is getting fed every three hours, but it takes two hours to feed her, so she only is not getting food for one hour. This will help her get ready for nursing when the time comes. And we are happy because if she doesn't eat she gets mad! That is good because we want her to be a good eater. That is one of the things that makes you stay in the NICU the longest, the eating issues. She has to be eating so much to be able to go home, when the time comes I bet I will have loads to tell you all.
Here is dedicated Daddy doing his homework! He has to work really hard to get everything done. I am so happy to be his wife. We celebrated his 26th birthday on Friday! He didn't want to do much so we didn't. It was a good day filled with lounging around, spending time with our baby, eating at a new restaurant, seeing Tiff and Seryn! and being together. We also got to spend conference weekend together, which was so nice to listen to the words of our church leaders and spend time with Olivia. There were so many talks that we loved so much. The one that made me so happy to be Tayce's wife was the one by Sister Dalton about raising girls. I was so filled with Joy that I married a man that will raise my daughters the way she said in her talk, what a luck woman I am. I am happy that I get to say I am his and he is mine, he is an amazing man and I proud of him! I love you Tay, keep up the good work.
2 comments:
Wow, she is getting cuter every day! Isn't it amazing how when they are born you think they're beautiful, but every day they get more and more beautiful? I LOVE that funny face she made. It made me giggle. Adorable. Love her!
Oh she is just gorgeous!!! And look at that double chin, she's just getting so big and adorable!!!!! Yay Olivia!
Post a Comment