31 Weeks!
Many many pictures below!
Olivia's 1st Bath
(At 41 days old, she needed one.)
(At 41 days old, she needed one.)
We wrapped her in a warm blanket and then put her in her little tub. At first it seemed like she didn't like it, but we figured out quickly that it was the CPAP she didn't like, her bath was good.
Nurse S held her up while I washed her little body. She was really wiggly until we got to her head and then she settled right down. She just laid her head back while I washed her hair, she loved it.
Sorry that it's not turned around, but here she is in her first bath.
Look at those cheeks! She makes the greatest faces when she has everything off. She loved when her CPAP came off in her bath and when they put it back on she threw a fit! She is getting louder, that is for sure, especially when she's not all trapped in her box (bed) she's loud.
You can see that she's a little mad, the CPAP was not being very kind to her (because she was wiggling it off).
Here we are: RT K, Nurse S and I.
Olivia is doing well. As you could tell from her bath pictures she is still on CPAP. The NICU staff think the best thing for her is to wean her slow from the CPAP, they are doing all they can to not intubate her again. She is breathing really well and not having very many spells at all. The other day she was having some spells, but Nurse T realized that the prongs on the CPAP were leaking air, so she was having to work harder to keep her stats up. Once they changed the prongs she was perfectly fine.
This week she had a lot going on. Monday they are lowering her flow on her CPAP to 7, which means the amount of pressure she is getting. The pressure is what is a little reminder to breath. When they lower it to 5 is when they will give high flow a try. Monday she is also getting an ECHO which is a picture of her heart. Miss Olivia has a heart murmur, this is normal for babies her size, they usually grow out of it, but just to be safe they are going to take a look. Also this week she gets her first eye exam. This exam is to see if the development of her eyes are correct. She's got herself a long week, but a good one.
MY FIRST EVERY BABY SHOWER
Brought to you by Brenda Carling
(with the help of Christie Fisher, Ashley Pollock, MaLynda Groke and Mom)
(with the help of Christie Fisher, Ashley Pollock, MaLynda Groke and Mom)
The shower was at Mama and Papa Groke's house. When you walked in these tables (above and below) were set up with all these cute things.
There was such a good turn out. I feel so very blessed to have such amazing friends. My friends mean so much to me and to have them here to celebrate Olivia was so special. They spoiled Olivia and I with such cute amazing gifts, it was way more then we needed. Thank you friends for all of your love and support I know I couldn't do it without you.
Look at all that! We are spoiled. Kayce you made it on the blog! :)
This is my good friend! She's pretty much adorable and I am sure glad she came to the shower.
Here is Mrs. Carling who is a professional party planner. If you ever need a party let me know and I'll give you her prices! :) She is amazing and I am grateful for her friendship and love. What a fun shower she planned. THANK YOU BRENDA!
Here is some of my service girls fighting over my little friend! Love this picture.
Jenni was the photographer during present opening. Thanks Jenni!
There could be two of the bestest husbands in the whole world. They are very loved and really I know a couple of ladies (me included) that couldn't live without them. We love you guys!
Funny story. Kayce has a friend named Christy Fischer and I have a friend named Christie Fisher well Kayce, Brenda and I are friends with both of the Christie(y)'s and for so long we would say my Christie or my Christy and finally after a long time they met! They both have cute babies that I love! Thank you to both of you for being so dang amazing! We love you both!
Well friends! Olivia is doing well and so are we. We are going to have a little photo shoot today with some cute clothes she got from the shower and then we will be posting them also. Thanks again to all of our family and friends. We love you so much!
HAPPY POST 100!
Well friends! Olivia is doing well and so are we. We are going to have a little photo shoot today with some cute clothes she got from the shower and then we will be posting them also. Thanks again to all of our family and friends. We love you so much!
HAPPY POST 100!
3 comments:
Yay for the first bath! Olivia is so pretty! The shower was wonderful! We love you all!
Oh Lacie, I think about you so often and am amazed at how positive and strong you are. I hope Olivia continues to do well and that she will be spared any long-term health problems. Take care of yourself! It looks like you have wonderful family and friends.
I need your camera, it makes things look great! Love your face. :)
Post a Comment