Background

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sorry for the Delay

LOTS OF PICTURES BELOW... ENJOY

Baby Shower #2 at Aunt Laura's House
Aunt Laura and my Mom making ribbon sandwiches for the shower! They were so cool. The shower was great and I am so thankful for my aunt and cousin and mom who helped put it together, they are the best. Love you girls.
That's the bread Aunt Laura is cutting. It was pink, yellow, green and orange bread! Super sweet.

There is Steph!
The shower was fun and I had a lot of family and friends come. The greatest surprise is when my Aunt Joan from Oregon showed up! It was a wonderful surprise and I am so grateful that she would come all the way out to Utah to be at the shower. Thank you Aunt Joan, LOVE YOU! OH, and I guess I should give my mom so credit, she kept it a secret. Good job mom!

OLIVIA
This pose is like the one I took a few weeks ago, but now she is bigger! 
Numbers for October 26, 2011 (HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA ROY)
3 1/2 Pounds
15 1/8 Inches
High Flow of 3!
Non-nutrative nursing 2 times a day (as of this evening she can nurse normal twice a day)
Approximately 30 calories of food every 3 hours (28 mL)

Cuddling with Dad! a
She must have been having a good dream because she is pulling a cute face there. The blanket she has is her tag blanket from Ashley! She loves it so much and sleeps with it everyday. Love you Ash!
Laying with Mom today! She's getting so big.
What a sweet girl. You can she her little bald spot!
Her hand is bigger then my ring!
She loves laying with her Dad and she loves getting out of her blankets! She's keeping her body temperature up though. Before we know it she will be in an open crib.
She was so pooped after she nursed today. She nursed on booth sides for almost 10 minutes a side! That is amazing for a baby her size. Lactation specialist (KA) was so happy. She's a great help and has been so supportive through all of this pumping a waiting stuff.
Totally sleeping on her Mom! (That's me!)
That hair band is made by me! It matches her...
TUTU!  Also made by me, with the help of HUC S!
It's part of her Halloween costume, you'll have to wait and see! :)
These are two of my favorite people right here. What a lucky girl I am to get both of them! They are wonderful. Love you both so much.
Thank you all for following this blog and caring so much about us. Your prayers mean more to us then we can describe. I can't believe we are starting the end of our journey here at the NICU. Time has flown by and at the same time I feel like I've been here for ever. Someone asked us the other day if we lived her and it took me a second to respond. Oh, dear Cedar City I still love you even if you snow in October. :) Well friends and family I'm gonna go feed my baby! Love you all.

4 comments:

Ash-a-bash said...

She is so beautiful! The tutu and headband are perfect! I am so glad that she is doing so well and that she is nursing like a pro! Thanks for the shout out too. Love you all!

Christie said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right, you go feed your baby! :) that tutu is RIDICULOUS! I LOVE it! So cute! Go Olivia, you are a rock star!

Candi and Skeet said...

That is so awesome that she is nursing!! It is the best thing ever!! She is really filling out and becoming more and more beautfiul every time I see pics! She is a lucky girl to have such amazing parents!! Hugs!!

Ruth said...

Every day I'm more amazed at how big she's getting! She's looking more and more like a newborn and it sounds like she's accomplishing new things every day. I'm so happy for you!