I have decided that I am going to post the 12 days of Christmas and I am going to post about what I feel the gifts I have been given. Hope that makes sense to you all. I am doing this in hopes to find a little more Christmas spirit this year. I am happy and all, but it just doesn't feel like Christmas. Tay supposes it's because my year was so crazy, he's probably right. :)
First Day of Christmas
On the first day of Christmas I would like to talk about the gift of the gospel in my life. Religion has came so naturally to me. Even as a young child my mom tells me stories that I would put a dress on, on Sunday and tell her it was time for church. I was just born to be religious I guess. No matter how it happened it has and it is who I am. I do not belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints because I was told to, because my parents are, because I live in Utah (I was raised in a very non-LDS place) or because I 'have' too. I belong to the church because I want too. It is the right place to be and I believe in it because I have prayed and read and prayed and read and prayed so more. I belong to this church because the spirit has told me that it is true, I belong to this church because they believe and know that families can be together for eternity, I belong to the church because it is where I need to be to be happy. My religion is who I am everyday not just Sunday, it is my life style and I choose to live it and will choose to live it forever. The church is true and if you have forgotten get on your knees and remember if you don't know you can give it a try, if you say no way then soot yourself I still love you. This is my first day of Christmas gift and I am who I am because of it.

1 comment:
I needed to read this. I've been struggling a lot with it lately, and you show me that even with all the bad life can give you, that doesn't mean that faith has to suffer indefinitely (or ever).
Thank you <3
Post a Comment