Background

Saturday, December 17, 2011

On the Sixth Day of Christmas

Sixth Day of Christmas
On the 6th day of Christmas my gift is knowing the wonderful people at the NICU in St. George and the miracles they helped preform for Olivia and for so many of other babies. We spent the day there on Friday and it was such a great time to see so many of the doctors, nurses and other staff there. 
Olivia is doing wonderful she is 7lbs. 2oz. and 19 inches long. They said she is doing amazing! After her appointment we got to spend time in the NICU seeing how our friends were doing and got to hear such great news. One of our friends got to go home and the others are so close. We got to see a good friend we made during our stay and when her baby gets to go home we're going to have a play date. Olivia got to snuggle with one of her favorite nurses, Nurse Marnie and Nurse Brandy and RT MJ and NNP Beckie and OT KarryAnn and Dr. Ridout and Gloria. She loved Marnie a lot :) We even got to go to lunch with some NICU friends and it was wonderful, thank you Nurse Vanessa! Really the NICU was one of the hardest experiences in our lives, but you know what we wouldn't change it. We learned and grew so much and because of that place we are sitting at home with our Olivia, that wouldn't be so without them. My body doesn't grow my babies long enough on it's own and I know that and so because of them Tayce and I have our miracle and that is why the Dixie Regional NICU is on of my Christmas gifts. Forever and ever we will thank you for what you have done for us. We love you and are grateful for you in our lives. Merry Christmas to you all.
Here is our miracle:
 Getting ready for our first walk! That adorable hat is from Beckie! Love it. Thanks Beckie.
 Went on our 1st walk today (besides our cool Halloween one in the NICU) and guess who LOVES her stroller? OLIVIA. She did so well and it was so much fun to get out. I even got to tell people about her and it was so much fun to brag about my beautiful baby!
 This is getting ready for her grad clinic appointment on Friday. :) She loves her baths.
 Her cute polka dot outfit! Love it.
 That's trying to show you how much she's grown. She's huge!
 Look at that cutie pie. She is wearing some pajamas that I bought when we found out we were pregnant with Alice and I didn't know how I would feel when she fit it them, but I was so excited. The funny thing is that these PJ's have an owl on them and I didn't plan on owls for Alice I was going to do giraffes and so it's funny to me that we would have these jammies for her.
 There is the owl and those bright eyes. I keep telling her O is for owl, O is Olivia! :P
Cutest outfit ever. Thank you neighbors! 
There is a little update! Merry Christmas!

No comments: